- Lee Fields and the Expressions - Soul music as true today as it was in the early 70′s. Lee is at the Masquerade ( 695 North Ave) starting at 8pm. https://www.facebook.com/events/429879250408713/ have you no soul?
- Readings & Revelry: Holiday Celebrations with Burnaway, VouchedATL and the Wren’s nest at Young Blood Gallery ( 636 N Highland Ave). The readings will take place from 8-9pm and feature fictional selections about our famazing city, taking place in the present and in the future. Lauren Traetto and many others will be reading! https://www.facebook.com/events/313390755442755/ Should be a grand time.
The best thing about going to this event at Young Blood is that you will be able to see the #WeLoveATL exhibit which was phenomenal. If you can’t go – click here to see my favorite pieces: http://www.thefunserv.com/weloveatl/
- [My bad, this is actually today] Bush is at the Tabernacle ( 152 Luckie St ) for the Misletoe Jam – Do you feel these chemicals between us as you receive this each day? Info https://www.facebook.com/events/261838030603398/8pm Tickets here: http://tabernacleatl.com/event/0E0049340D13F333 Ruby Velle opens
- Dj Cole Alexander spins at 529 fo free. He’s from the Black Lips and will be alongside a band (literally) called “Fuckattack”. Can’t make this up Atlanta. I love you.
- Will Hoge is at Red Clay Theater (Duluth, 3116 Main St) performing a ballad for your souls.
- Sloppy Seconds at MJQ ( 736 Ponce de Leon) = Heroes x Villians and Tamara King spinning on a Tuesday night. Sick. Starts at 10pm at your favorite basement lounge.
- Reservoir Dogs 20th Anniversary celebration at AMC Philips Plaza 14 (3500 Peachtree Rd NE) – Watch the epic cult classic. Includes interviews regarding the film and Tarantino’s own selected trailers.
- Bulldogs vs. Yellow jackets at GA Tech (965 Fowler St) Nerds vs. Frat boys!
- Atlanta Press Club Holiday Party at the club ( 34 Broad St) with book signings by 30 authors. I googled it, and it looks like they are all cook books ><
- Marley’s Coffee & Tea Spoken Word has Senorita Awesome performing tonight! What a wonderful name. Goes on from 7-9:30pm. I’ll be going to see my girl Tawny and Mista Funn, who frequent spoken word at Javamonkey.
Usual Tuesday Shindigs:
- Moes and Joes ( 1033 N Highland Ave ) has $3 Pitchers all night long.
- Star Bar ( 437 Moreland Ave ) has FREE beer starting at 10pm. Get there before the keg runs dry!
- Service at the Sound Table ( 483 Edgewood) Solid DJs every tuesday open until 3am and serving food until midnight. Everyone’s gonna be there.
- Trivia at The Independent (931 Monroe Cir. NE) – starting at 9pm. It is frequented by the infamous “Reddit Team” that we FUNSERVians must one day beat! If you don’t know what http://www.reddit.com/ is – do yourself a favor and grow as a person. I check this twice a day at the minimum. Its a solid trivia night filled with epic nerds who are guaranteed to be good people. If you like reddit, you’ll love e-finds: https://www.facebook.com/groups/114590681792
- Cheap Shots & Sandwiches Stand up at the Five Spot (1123 Euclid Ave, L5P) from 7-9pm, no cover, free parking, open mic night. Can’t go wrong.
- Laughing Skull Open Mic (878 Peachtree St NE) watch 15-20 newcomers for $10 at the famous laughing skull – and eat a burger while you’re at it!
- The QUAD at 714 Spring St. is supposed to be off the chain. No entrance. Two for one drinks. All EDM music. Don’t do drugs!
- Spoken Word at Marlee’s Tea and Coffee House ( 349 Decatur St ) from 7:30 – 10pm with a small cover (just $2). You don’t like spoken word you uncultured f? GET WITH IT.
- Clermont Lounge Karaoke ( 789 Ponce De Leon Avenue Northeast ) I really like to save this kind of night for truly special occasions. The Clermont Lounge, maybe the most famous place in Atlanta, where strippers go to die.
- $1: Sushi at East ATL Thai & Sush (7 Flat Shoals SE); Sushi at Thaicoon & Sushi bar (1799 Briarcliff Rd) and Tacos at Across the Street (668 Highland Ave)