- The Darkness (I believe in a thing called love) is at The Masquerade ( 695 N Ave NE ) https://www.facebook.com/
events/487405607957883/ Starting at 7:30pm. Just open the video in a new tab http://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=sRYNYb30nxU as you continue to read this e-mail/posting it will make it more enjoyable. Tickets were $23
- Ohmpark Fest - First ever local music festival with your favorite bands playing all day long for just $10 between 529 and The Earl (In EAV) I think its from like 4pmish and on: http://clatl.com/atlanta/
ohmpark-fest/Event?oid=7030048 – Book Club, Dark Room, Faun and A Pan Flute, From Exile, Hello Ocho, Jamaican Queens, Life At Sea, Little Tybee, Molly Parden, Nomen Novumv On Holiday, Oryx and Crake , Qurious, The Electric Nature what a deal!
- Brian Regan is at Cobb Country Performing arts (2800 Cobb Galleria Parkway) http://clatl.com/
atlanta/brian-regan/Event?oid= 6465558 A pretty amazing comedian from the ol’ watching-comedy-central-all- the-damn-time days http://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=LBko_3wT44Q Its expensive though $45ish to see it
- Super Hero Dress up Party at the Quad ( 714 Spring St NW) with DJ’s battling it out – Ninja Flash vs. Syl-o, Life Light vs. George Antonios, + Heroes x Villians open until 5am. Don’t do drugs! $10 after midnight, $5 before
- Emile Sande is at Variety Playhouse ( 1099 Euclid Ave) https://www.facebook.com/
events/546123238738611/ starting at 8:30pm
- Easter Island & Calm White Noise are at the Drunken Unicorn ( 736 Ponce de Leon ) https://www.facebook.com/
events/414724995267449/ starting at 9pm for $6. + See if you can sneak in after and go to Sloppy Seconds Conquest of the Booty at MJQ after through that break dance room https://www.facebook.com/ events/130995667063154/ which is going on until 3am. DANCE! TOO MUCH BOOTY IN THE PANTS
- Palaces, Lazer/wulf and Ron Mexico are at the Basement ( 1245 Glenwoooood) https://www.
facebook.com/events/ 457280767642436/ starting at 9pm
- MONSTER TRUCK JAM!!! http://entertainment.
accessatlanta.com/atlanta_ga/ events/show/271670385-monster- jam-monster-truck-racing at 7pm at the Dome!!!! What fun!
- Elliot St Pub is probably castleberry hill friday hung over, but some musicians are there: https://www.facebook.
- Repticon is this weekend http://repticon.com/atlanta.html at Gwinett Country Fairground ( 2405 Sugarloaf pkwy) all weekend from 10am-5pm both Saturday and Sunday. Frogs, geckos, bearded dragons, snakes and more! Thanks for the update Holly!!
- Rebirth Brass Band is playing at Smiths Olde Bar ( 1578 Piedmont Ave) from 8pm and on http://clatl.com/atlanta/
rebirth-brass-band/Event?oid= 7268265 – the best part of the NOLA parade
- Speaking of Louisiana – some Zydeco music is on Bufford Highway ( Knights of Columbus Hall – 2630 Nufford Highway ) http://
clatl.com/atlanta/zydeco-t/ Event?oid=6697069 for $5 if you are a student. Zydeco dancers will be there getting you crazy from 8pm and on. Go dine at a bomb ass asian/mexican place beforehand. Can’t find anything better than Bufford Highway for foreign food.
- GA Tech vs. VA Tech in Mathematics battles! JK Basketball 2:30pm and on. The f is a hokie?
- Blues music at the Five Spot http://clatl.com/atlanta/
rod-hamdallah-the-owsley- brothers-and-more/Event?oid= 7249414
- Choklate is at Vinyl/Center stage ( 1374 W Peachtree St ) http://clatl.com/atlanta/
choklate/Event?oid=7249679 htt p://www.youtube.com/watch?v= eMRKKCurV5Q lady R&B
Usual Saturday Shindigs:
- Atlanta Beltline Tours are free tours that show you the 45 neighborhoods of the ATL across the beltline from 9am – noon. More info
- MJQ - Also solid on a Saturday (but I prefer wednesdays). 736 Ponce de Leon Ave NE There is a cover.
- Improv A-Hole at The Village Theater starting at 8:30pm for $10. They’ve got stickers all over town now – well done!
- Rush (2714 Buford Highway NE) is famous for its EDM music Saturday nights. Info http://irispromo.eventbrite.com/ don’t do drugs.
- Every third Saturday of the month – you HAVE to go to the Lake Claire Community Land Trust for their epic drum circle. I haven’t experienced something so holy. Fire dancers. Music. you CANT Byob so make sure you pre-game extensively before http://lcclt.org/calendar/ so worth it.
- $1: PBR at Jacks (676 Highland Ave) and Tacos at Tacos la Villa ( 2415 Cobb Pkwy, Smyrna Ugh)