Its Superbowl Sunday. The FUNSERV won’t be able to shape any house party plans you’ve made BUT if those turn to shit – some options:
- Brunch then watch the Game at Fins Atlanta ( 84 12th St) https://www.facebook.com/
- Party at P’Cheens ( 701 Highland Ave) https://www.facebook.com/
- Celebrate NOLA style at Southern Art ( 3315 Peacthree Rd NE) http://clatl.com/atlanta/
- Like a hologram on election day - Atlantic Station has some sort of an interactive football screening http://clatl.com/
atlanta/interactive-super- bowl-screening/Event?oid= 7411255 at 95 W Marietta St - The future is now.
- Food and fun at Ormsby’s ( 1179 Howell Mill Rd ) http://clatl.com/atlanta/
- At the highlands – the el Taco http://clatl.com/atlanta/
super-bowl-party-at-the- original-el-taco/Event?oid= 7428657 Tex-mex
- Bone Lick BBQ http://clatl.com/atlanta/
pig-skin-sunday-super-bowl- extravaganza/Event?oid= 7451257i
- Got that cash? Del Friscos http://clatl.com/
- Madden tournament before the game http://clatl.com/atlanta/
the-ultimate-super-bowl-party- and-nfl-madden-tournament/ Event?oid=7279247 at Riverdale town center
- Watch it while sipping a Guinness at Fado http://clatl.com/atlanta/
- Superbowl with Bluegrass surrounding you at Big Tex Decatur http://clatl.com/
atlanta/super-bowl-brunch- with-decatur-bluegrass- association/Event?oid=7391039
- Join the Former Players Association at 595 North Event Lounge http://clatl.com/
atlanta/nfl-former-players- association-superbowl-party- 2013/Event?oid=7367178 for $20 meet some old legends
- Stats makes sense – its kind of the point of this establishment http://
entertainment.accessatlanta. com/atlanta_ga/events/show/ 305213645-stats-super-bowl- xlvii-viewing-party
- and — my favorite, for you non-sports fans – go to the Bach Bowl instead, and listen to some relaxing classical music. hahahaha http://entertainment.
accessatlanta.com/atlanta_ga/ events/show/295101065-the- annual-bach-bowl can’t make this up.
- An interesting hippie anti-capitalist movement is going on at Woodruff park the first Sunday of each month https://www.facebook.
com/events/472150009510845/ with free vegan meals to anyone who is hungry to protest against militarism, consumerism and waste. Like the Hare Krishna people! Goes on from 11-4pm
- Make it to the last day of the Atlanta Juggling Festival at the Yaarab Shrine Temple ( 400 ponce de Leon) https://www.facebook.
com/events/419963294736244/ with a bunch of crazy cabaret loving, unicycle juggling circus folk.
- Goddamn Gallows is at Olde Smiths http://clatl.com/
- Watch Oscar nominated short films – either animated or action at Landmark Midtown Art Cinema ( 931 Monroe)
- Word is Born spoken word at http://entertainment.
accessatlanta.com/atlanta_ga/ events/show/304013387-word-is- born-poetry-open-mic Apache Cafe ( 64 3rd st) for $7 or go for free to Java Monkey which never fails on a Sunday night
- Terror, H20, BackTrack, Code Orange Kids, Death Bed https://www.facebook.com/
events/514687241905016/ are at MJQ for $15
- I think there is a Nacho Eating Party at Manuels Tavern ( 602 N Highland Ave) https://www.facebook.com/
events/502278269822813/ Atlanta, I love theeee
Usual Sunday Shindigs:
- Java monkey Spoken Word (425 Church St Decatur) for free starting at 8pm. I go to spoken word religiously. This group of talented individuals enchant us my pouring their lives on the mic.
- Soul Food Cypher at WonderRoot ( 82 Memorial Drive Southeast )- 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month. Wordplay, images, beatboxing, Entrance is free, drinks are not (but encouraged).
- Highlander Trivia (31 Monroe Circle ) legend on sunday nights, arrange a team, dominate.
- Evening Jazz at Encore 2 Bar & Bistro ( 1848 Old Norcross Rd, Lawrenceville ) starting at 7:30 for$10. A good place to bring a SO to chill on a sunday eh?
- $1: PBR & Fish Tacos at Hand & Hand (752 N Highland Ave)
Check out this great bucket list. What have you accomplished in Atlanta so far?