My homie L.A. just released a great song — but even better than the song is the album cover. I can’t put it in this e-mail/post because I refuse to get you in trouble at work. Listen/Lookie www.lathemadtitan.bandcamp.com
|Whiskey Gentry||The Earl / 9pm / $?||Very Popular ATL Americana Music – they play Saturday night too if you are busy tonight.||Click|
|Chris Lake||Opera / 10pm / Click||Hes sco’ish, used to be called “Christophe D’Abuc”||Click|
|Folky Punk Night||WonderRoot / 8pm / $5||Days on Dayz on Daze||Click|
|Qurious, I come to Shanghai, 100 Watt Horse||Drunken Unicorn / 9pm / $5||Aren’t you QURIOUS to see what they sound like?! *boom tiss*||Click|
|Emancipator, Random Rab, Tor, Isness||Terminal West / 9pm / $20||Huge in Japan. Live art by Jenna Shoop going on too||Click|
|Dashill Plus & his Groove Neighbors||Churchill Grounds / 9:30pm / $10||Jazz and soul music, goes on Saturday too if you are busy tonight||Click|
|DJ Competition – “Torch”||Masquerade / 10pm / $fo free||Drum & Base DJ competition. Dj Casper is closing it. I’m rooting for “ I3AD I IUMAN” because it cleverly spells out bad human.||Click|
|Trap Music Friday (HUSTLER): Clerks, Midnight Panda, Ployd, Baels||Asylum / 10pm / $5||I love the film Clerks. Clerks II was a little much though. Bestiality? Really J&SB?||Click|
|Patterson Hood||Eddies Attic / 10pm / $25||In the band “Drive-by Truckers”. Probably only people from Alabama will be here. Trixie Whitley opens||Click|
|Eddie Gold and TROGDOR||Quad / 10pm / $10||TROGDOR THE BURNINATOR!||Click|
|Kenny How and the Wow!!!!, Am Gold, Paul Melancon||Star Bar / 9pm / $7||POWER-POP||Click|
- Beads & Booze Bar crawl https://www.facebook.
com/events/312617262191275/? ref=14 begins at Hand in Hand starting at 6pm for those of you too lazy to drive 8 hours to NOLA (or those of you with jobs). Beads, booze, but sadly, no breasts.
- The Mobile Social!! https://www.facebook.
com/events/408360412585354/? ref=14 its like Critical Mass but its totally legal. https://www.facebook. com/events/126114560893961/? ref=14 and this time they end it at Ponce City Market for the Blinkie Awards + Mayor Kaseem Reed will be there. Just meet at Woodruff Park at 6:30pm with your bike and go with the flow! Free!!
- Here is some info on the Blinkie Awards + whats for sale — https://www.facebook.com/
events/378733162217876/?ref=14 highlighted things for silent auction: Ping Pong with Church Bar’s Grant Henry, Roller Girls tix, a Mixie Bike, clothing from patagonia and a signed Roddy White Falcons Jersey. + New Belgium Beer + photo booth + pickle food truck. Good times ahead Atlanta! Also - Cube Gallery is having a silent art auction https://www. facebook.com/events/ 284527011673904/?ref=14 at 7pm
- Hawks vs. Hornets https://www.facebook.
com/events/361447943954604/? ref=14 at Philips Arena starting at 7pm
- Art Amok Poetry Slam – Directly from Hillary (one bomb ass poet): “an open mic and poetry slam at In Tune Studio/Grant Park Coffee House featuring Jaws and Nikki White. Tonight only: $5. Anyone can sign up for the open mic or slam. Sign up at 7:30, starts at 8pm https://www.facebook.com/
- Shameless PR: I’m at Village Theater ( 349 Decatur St SE ) tonight presenting the FUNSERV to strangers and friends! Come out and join from 8:30-9:30pm for just $10. It won’t kill your night and you can watch my hobbit ass piss my pants on stage.
It’ll be great
Usual Friday Shindigs:
- Martinis and IMAX at the Fernbank (767 Clifton Rd NE) from 6:30pm – 11pm Here for more info http://fernbankmuseum.org/experience-imax/martinis-and-imax/. Films are $12 a piece. Some Friday nights is also Salsa and Bachata Night
- Sweetwater brewing ( 195 Ottley Drive Northeast ) – an ATL classic. Take the tour from 5:30-7:30, get a free glass, get some drink tickets for the most famous beer in town. Pretty sure its $8 and you can definitely steal d-tickets from the lightweights around you.
- Black on Black Rhyme presents a spoken word showcase at GME Sports Lounge & Grill (899 Martin Luther Dr) 8pm and on, free before 9pm.
- Improv at Relapse Theater is $5 every Friday starting at 9:30pm http://www.yelp.com/biz/relapse-theatre-atlanta
- Suburban Lanes: Friday Frenzy bowling for $13 per person + shoes. Music, food and drink specials. Might just be an ordinary bowling alley trying to advertise.
- Bone Lick BBQ (1133 Huff Rd) has their heathen Dance Party from 10pm and on
- The Graveyard (1263 Glenwood Ave) is ALWAYS a winner on Friday nights. The floor has springs. The bass is crazy. There may be anime porn showing randomly. The cover is cheap. Great dance floors and DJs. You can buy 40s at the bar. Its in EAV which already kicks ass as it is. Don’t miss it. Make it at 11ish before it gets too rowdy.
- $1: PBR at Jacks (676 Highland Ave) and Tacos at Tacos la Villa ( 2415 Cobb Pkwy, Smyrna Ugh)
I’m at Village Theater http://www.villagecomedy.com/shows/armando/ presenting the FUNSERV tonight. Bad ass.