A friend, Heather, is trying to rid of her Hangout Fest wristband/tickets at $200 a pop (she has 4). This is in Gulf Shores AL, 5/17-19. Email her firstname.lastname@example.org before she sells them all
- There are always Food Trucks at Sweet Auburn Curb Mkt (edgewood) https://www.facebook.com/events/368006606650556/?ref=14 Tuesdays from 11-2pm. Get that delicious treat to go.
- Cover me Comfort me is at The Hangar https://www.facebook.com/events/186480658169635/?ref=14 think of it as Stand up Karaoke. It starts at 9pm and participants can pretend like they are their favorite comedian or actor. Kind of like being Carlos Mencia!
- Also, if you are new to the improv scene, consider checking out Autoamatic Improv’s https://www.facebook.com/events/179087792245271/?ref=14 open jam where amateur and seasoned improvers can join and practice their skillz. You have to sign up before 1pm today click the link to find out more. Starts at 9pm
- Spellman College has films written/produced/directed by its student body http://clatl.com/atlanta/the-shorties-five-women-five-films-five-stories/Event?oid=8082728 5 films, 5 women, 5 stories. 7pm at Spelman College
- Braves vs. Nationals at 7pm http://entertainment.accessatlanta.com/atlanta_ga/events/show/316568963-atlanta-braves-vs-washington-nationals-tuesday-ticket-deal click to get 2 seats in the GMC Club pavilion for just $30.
THE TABLE OF CONCERTS/EDM/RAPPERS/SHOWS/
|Jimmy Buffet, The coral reefer band||Aarons Ampitheater (Lakewood), $15, 8pm||Margaritaville – you have to listen to it live.||Click or click or click|
|Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Bass Drum of Death||7pm, Masquerade, $22||San Fran/LA BRMC = garage rock / blues / neo-psychedelia||Click or click|
|Free Energy, The Stumblin’ Toads, Skip Duglas, Doug Funny & the Freshtones||Masquerade, 7pm, $12||Power pop from the twin cities||Click or click|
|Foals, Surfer Blood, Blondfire||Goat Farm, 7:30pm, $20||English indie band from Oxford. Math Rock or Dance punk||Click|
|Heavy Light, Gravies & the Main Dish Sauce, Fritz Sender, jujujuices||WonderRoot, 8:3pm $5||Ju Ju uices = improve/hip hop/jazz/booty-bass
That has to be interesting.
|Ree de la Vega, DDDave, Owner of the Son||Star Bar, 9pm, Free||$1 Drafts from 9-11pm now, no more free beer L||Click|
|Woodsman, Gary War, Featureless Ghost||529, 9pm, $8||“Live vicodin chased with cheap merlot” –Vice magazine||Click|
|Tuesday Night Jazz = Myrna Clayton||Churchill Grounds, 9:30pm, $?||A sample||Click|
|Dr. Bread, DazzyD88, Double Nil, Mayhem||Sound Table, Free, 10pm||Service.||Click|
|Nadia Marie’s Harp Performance||Ernest Welch School of Art, 5th floor, 7-9:30pm||Nadia Marie Belvanson is incredible see her magic here. Really worth it if you have never seen someone play on a harp before.||Click|
|Pickwick, Basia Bulat||The Earl, $10, 8:30pm||From Seattle http://pickwickmusic.com/music||Click|
Usual Tuesday Shindigs:
- Moes and Joes ( 1033 N Highland Ave ) has $3 Pitchers all night long (Jacks and Flat Iron also have really cheap pitchers)
- Laughing Skull Open Mic (878 Peachtree St NE) watch 15-20 newcomers for $10 at the famous laughing skull – and eat a burger while you’re at it!
- Spoken Word at Marlee’s Tea and Coffee House ( 349 Decatur St ) from 7:30 – 10pm with a small cover (just $2). You don’t like spoken word you uncultured f? GET WITH IT.
- Apache Cafe has its Sounds & Lyrics live jam band as artists come and join in R&B, hip hop, dubstep and everything in between. Starts at 9pm as the bartender for a $5 Holler.
- QUAD has its resident DJs spinning Dubstep (Syl-o, Ninja Flash, etc) for $5 to party until 3am if you are crazy enough. Don’t do drugs!
- Clermont Lounge Karaoke ( 789 Ponce De Leon Avenue Northeast ) I really like to save this kind of night for truly special occasions. The Clermont Lounge, maybe the most famous place in Atlanta, where strippers go to die.
- $1: Sushi at East ATL Thai & Sush (7 Flat Shoals SE); Sushi at Thaicoon & Sushi bar (1799 Briarcliff Rd) + $2 burgers can be found at Hand in Hand ( 752 N Highland Ave NE)
In the news: He was a Hawk and hes flying out of the closet! Walmart wants to be on the beltline we must fight this! Neutral Milk Hotel has reunited! The Falcons CEO says we need a Major League Soccer team stat