Yummy Promocodes! The Basement has some new Disco BAMFs like our beloved Cousin Dan opening for Remix Artist Collective and Penguin Prison. Dope. Use promocode “FUNSERV” in advance to make that $15 entrance just $10 http://www.ticketalternative.com/Events/23153.aspx after you party all day at Candler Park.
- Today is the Global Reddit Meet up https://www.facebook.com/events/481552245247939/?ref=14 at Piedmont Park from noon and on. Don’t know what reddit is? Your productivity is saved. I don’t have much faith, but I do have reddit. Redditors are meeting here http://i.imgur.com/wog3S.jpg
- There is an enormous series of Yard Sales going down in Reynolds Town today https://www.facebook.com/events/351491708287792/?ref=14 check out the map here http://yardsaletreasuremap.com/mapwidget.html?where=Reynoldstown and fill that rental with tons of stuff you didn’t even know you needed! Goes down from 9-2pm
- Daniel Tosh http://clatl.com/atlanta/daniel-tosh/Event?oid=7489816 is at the Cobb Energy Performing Arts center for $70 at 7 and 9:30pm with tons and tons of internet jokes ahead.
- Shakespeare Follies at The Arts Exchange https://www.facebook.com/events/411802052251617/?ref=14 is doing Shakespeare’s The Tempest a gogo with hoola hoops and Hawaiian shirts. For $20 see an island version of your highschool reading
- There is a Wheres Waldo Pub Crawl in Buckhead tonight https://www.facebook.com/events/225427520915348/?ref=14 they are trying to break the world record for most Waldo’s in an area. Pretty damn cool for buckhead. Tickets are $5 and you get a free drink at East andrews, Stout Irish Pub, Churchills, Red Door. Lost Dog, Hangovers etc all the bars.
- Roots City market - London Weekend Market + Brooklyn Flea http://clatl.com/atlanta/root-city-market/Event?oid=8406294 from 11-2pm at the Jane
- Open Air Warehouse Party with a pool https://www.facebook.com/events/334817483313287/?ref=14 from 3pm and on at the Monarch Arts Center with DJ McTrill spinnin’
- Here is a cool event by Borderline/Fallen Arrows - Four Bands playing (Brunch, Swing Set, The North Trolls, Christ, Lord) + an Artist Market (click https://www.facebook.com/events/467604653308091/?ref=14 to see the vendors) + Beer + Shot pops + Booze Slushies + Doggy Dog hot dogs + Above the Ground pool all from 3pm until dark
- Speaking of Hot Dogs – there is a Hot Dog Eating Contest sponsored by Nathans at Cypress Street and Plate https://www.facebook.com/events/559417707429636/?ref=14 starting at 11am. Its a qualifier for the July 4th national eating contest. These poor bastards are going to die so young.
|Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes, The Soul Rebels Brass Band, The Whiskey Gentry, Conner Christian & The Southern Gothic, Stokeswood, Webster||Candler Park, noon and on, $?||http://www.790thezone.com/midsummer2013/ A continuation of what went down last night||Click|
|T.I, DJ Drama||Opera, 10pm, $50||Hot 107.9 Birthday Bash party for TI||Clickor click|
|RAC = Remix Artist Collective, Penguin Prison, Cousin Dan||$10 with promocode FUNSERV, 10pm, The Basement||Use Promocode FUNSERV and listen to Cousin Dan’s newest single Something in the Water live! + solid new disco/edm||Click|
|Goodie Mob, Sevyn Streeter, Webbie||3pm, Centennial Olympic Park, Free||Dirty South. I N D E P E N D E N T||Click|
|Midnite Panda, Jack beezy, other DJs||Union EAV, 10pm, $? Cut the line?||There is free beer.||Click|
|Zero Boys, Predator, Manic, Ralph||The Earl, $15||Midwest punk legends||Click|
|Joan Baez, The Indigo Girls||Chastain Park Ampitheater, $35, 7pm||Old and new folk pop||Click|
Usual Saturday Shindigs:
- Atlanta Beltline Tours are free tours that show you the 45 neighborhoods of the ATL across the beltline from 9am – noon. More info
- MJQ - Also solid on a Saturday (but I prefer wednesdays). 736 Ponce de Leon Ave NE There is a cover.
- Improv A-Hole at The Village Theater starting at 8:30pm for $10. They’ve got stickers all over town now – well done!
- Scott’s Antique Market is always a fun trip. Just $5 to get in and tons of ridiculous things you’d never even think of buying. Saturday and Sunday at 3650 Jonesboro Rd SE **Its the second Saturday of every Month**
- Get the Brunch at Kirkwood’s neighborhood pub – The Pullman. For $15 its bottomless mimosas. Dayym
- Every third Saturday of the month – you HAVE to go to the Lake Claire Community Land Trust for their epic drum circle. I haven’t experienced something so holy. Fire dancers. Music. you CANT Byob so make sure you pre-game extensively before http://lcclt.org/calendar/ so worth it.
- Go to Village Theater for its secret stand up show at 1am!!
- $1: PBR at Jacks (676 Highland Ave) and Tacos at Tacos la Villa ( 2415 Cobb Pkwy, Smyrna Ugh)