“How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard”
What started as a daily attempt to get some friends to join me on adventures has really taken on a form of its own. The FUNSERV has been, by far, my most rewarding project. My exploits in e-humor and graffito will always be dear to my heart, but nothing compares to the countless thank you e-mails I’ve received. This endeavor has helped many with the monotony of 9to5 syndrome. It has even helped folks battle bouts of depression! It is an honor to spread the word about the *majority of the causes y’all asked me to highlight.
It is also an honor to bring the word y’all back to Miami.
The winds are bringing me back to my home of South Florida. I’ll be living with friends I grew up with, saving money, and reconstructing my life for its next chapter. I’m going to take some time to properly research and build a Miami Funserv (www.elfunserv.com) and, if I can pull it off, one day I’ll bring the FUNSERV back to bridge my two favorite cities (the 404 and the 305).Until then– many thanks to:
- The Atlanta Subreddit for honoring me with permanent residence on the menu bar! AND for the local news. If you don’t know about reddit, honestly, what are you doing with your life.
- Sister Louisa’s Church Bar (AKA Grant Henry), Living Walls (Mark your calendars for 8/14-18!), and the Beltline for existing.
- Videodrome and Trader Joes’ 3buckchuck for the cheap dates.
- Beth Malone and the High Museum for making me an official Tarot Card reader.
- MJQ, El Bar, Joystick Gamebar, Noni’s, The Porter, Java Monkey Spoken Word, Brickstore Pub, Star Bar, The Highland Inn Ballroom, the Goat farm and East Atlanta (Earl/529/Graveyard/Basement) generally for never failing me.
- The Clermont Lounge.
- and last, but not least– YOU, in advance, for understanding and not giving me too much grief.
If you find yourself in Miami please do not hesitate to contact me! Just reply to any of the thousand emails I sent you I’m excited to show you the magic that is Wynwood, introduce you to Cuban coffee AND to your next spicy latino/a lover~
This was fun :’) Thanks for reading.
Your favorite and/or only Cuban friend,
Oscar de Armas
Oscar de Armas