Usual Tuesday Shindigs:
- Moes and Joes ( 1033 N Highland Ave ) has $3 Pitchers all night long (Jacks and Flat Iron also have really cheap pitchers)
- Gato Arigato at Gato right in Candler park = amazing japanese cuisine if you can wait in that line. Mondays and Tuesdays only. 7pm and on.
- Laughing Skull Open Mic (878 Peachtree St NE) watch 15-20 newcomers for $10 at the famous laughing skull – and eat a burger while you’re at it!
- Spoken Word at Marlee’s Tea and Coffee House ( 349 Decatur St ) from 7:30 – 10pm with a small cover (just $2). You don’t like spoken word you uncultured f? GET WITH IT.
- Apache Cafe has its Sounds & Lyrics live jam band as artists come and join in R&B, hip hop, dubstep and everything in between. Starts at 9pm as the bartender for a $5 Holler.
- QUAD has its resident DJs spinning Dubstep (Syl-o, Ninja Flash, etc) for $5 to party until 3am if you are crazy enough. Don’t do drugs!
- Clermont Lounge Karaoke ( 789 Ponce De Leon Avenue Northeast ) I really like to save this kind of night for truly special occasions. The Clermont Lounge, maybe the most famous place in Atlanta, where strippers go to die.
- $1: Sushi at East ATL Thai & Sush (7 Flat Shoals SE); Sushi at Thaicoon & Sushi bar (1799 Briarcliff Rd) + $2 burgers can be found at Hand in Hand ( 752 N Highland Ave NE)